Warranty Service Request
All homes built by Milton American come with a one-year limited warranty.
Milton American cares about your experience with your new home and our dedicated customer service team is here to help address any issues you may encounter and make sure that the experience you have owning a new Milton American home is as worry free as possible. Call it part of our commitment to making sure your home is just the way you want it.
To assure that your new home meets all of our standards of quality, we invite you to read your one year limited warranty binder.It will be provided for you at your final walk through. Beyond emergencies, please feel free to call, fax or email us during business hours for questions or warranty service requests.
If an inspection is necessary, we will contact you to set up an appointment. Service hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
A warranty service request form in PDF format is available below for your convenience. Please note, Milton American, Inc does not share your email address with unaffiliated companies.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you have an emergency condition with your home that presents an imminent danger, harm to persons or damage to property, you should contact emergency service personnel by dialing 911 and/or the relevant utility provider (e.g., gas company, electric company, etc.), as appropriate. Milton American does not provide emergency response services.
Click Here for a word document to fill out to submit a claim for warranty service. You can mail, fax or email it back to us using the information provided on the form.
Click Here for our Mold Disclaimer form
Also please review the following helpful article:
THE 10 MOST COMMON SERVICE REQUESTED ITEMS NOT COVERED UNDER YOUR ONE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY.
1) Paint Touch-Up: Some slight variations in texture are normal and are not covered under our One-Year Limited Warranty program. We will leave all extra paint in the garage for your convenience. For more information, please see page 75 of the One-Year Limited Warranty for specific warranted items.
2) Caulking: Caulking is a flexible, waterproof sealant. From time to time, it will need some maintenance or replacement. This is considered routine homeowner maintenance and is not covered under our One-Year Limited Warranty program. For more information, please see page 73 of the One-Year Limited Warranty for specific warranted items.
3) Cosmetic Damage: Cosmetic damage due to acts beyond Milton American, Inc’s control to the finished surfaces of your home is not covered under our One-Year Limited Warranty. Please remember to inspect your new home carefully during your orientation and discuss your concerns with your Milton American, Inc. representative.
4) Landscaping & Dead Plantings: Your home will be delivered to you in an acceptable condition which meets local building codes and planning requirements for water runoff and storm drainage. It is your responsibility to establish and maintain adequate ground cover in the un-landscaped areas of your home. Drainage problems caused by lack of adequate ground cover or changes to the grade made by the homeowner are not covered under our One-Year Limited Warranty. There is no warranty on the plantings in your yard. However, Milton American, Inc. will replace any plant REPORTED dead within 30 days of closing. Homeowners are responsible to care for their plants including proper watering and fertilization.
5) Appliances: Milton American, Inc. is required by law to turn the warranty on all major appliances and other mechanical fixtures over directly to the homeowner. Milton American, Inc. cannot take care of the warranty on these items for you. If you have any warranty concerns for any of these items, please consult the manual and warranty information that came with the appliance or fixture. You will receive these at your orientation. Also, Milton American, Inc. is not responsible for damages caused by appliances or fixtures. You (the homeowner) must make a claim with the manufacturer.
6) Floor Noise: While major floor squeaks are covered under the One-Year Limited Warranty, slight squeaks and normal floor noise is not. Floor noise is caused by variation in temperature and humidity and may come and go throughout the life of your home.
7) Drywall Cracks: Minor cracks in your drywall and nail pops are a normal result from your home settling and of expansion and contraction due to changes in humidity and temperature and are nothing to worry about. Drywall cracks in excess of 1/8 inch wide and nail pops that have broken through the finished surface will be covered under the One-Year Limited Warranty. Hairline cracks are considered routine homeowner maintenance.
8) Concrete Cracks: Cracks, spalling, ponding, settling, and other common changes to the concrete or asphalt in your sidewalk, walkway, driveway, porch or patio are not covered under our One-Year Limited Warranty. Some cracks in the concrete that are part of or structurally attached to your home may be covered. For more information, please see page 68 of the One-Year Limited Warranty for specific warranted items.
9) Siding and Caulking: Your fiber-cement siding has been installed with a 1/16 – 1/8 inch gap to allow room for caulking. Fiber-cement siding generally resists shrinking and warping. The caulking is installed for a moisture barrier and to blend the two pieces of siding together. Caulk and a small indentation at seams are normal. For more information, please see page 78 of the One-Year Limited Warranty for specific warranted items.
10) Garage door will not close: Your automatic garage door has a protective sensor 6 – 8 inches off the floor. This sensor is set and aligned properly before your orientation. If the sensor picks up an object under the garage door or it has been moved (hit or kicked) out of alignment, the garage will not close. This is normal. Move the object out from under the garage door or check the alignment of the sensor and adjust accordingly.